Journal of Animal Behaviour and Biometeorology (ISSN 2318-1265) is an international peer-reviewed open-access journal devoted to publishing papers about Animal Biometeorology, Animal Behaviour, and Animal Welfare, published quarterly online by Malque Publishing.
International Indexing: Web of Science (ESCI), Scopus and SCImago Journal Rank, CAB International, Google Scholar, AGRIS, ASFA, Latindex, among others. The first Impact Factor (Clarivate Analytics) is coming in 2023.
Agile and Efficient Peer-Review: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision is provided to authors approximately 20-25 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 5-7 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the first half of 2022).
Open Access free for readers, with Article Processing Charge (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
Acceptance rate (first half of 2022): 41%
Become a Reviewer of JABB! This journal provides Reviewer Recognition Certificate.
Multiple pathways to dissipate body heat excess and the infrared thermography effectiveness
João Batista Freire Souza-Junior, João Paulo Araújo Fernandes de Queiroz
Available online: November 23, 2022
Effects of decoction products of Lavandula angustifolia, Laurus nobilis, and Artemisia herba-alba on depression and anxiety behaviors in Wistar rats
Kamal Elharas, Mohammed Ouhssine
Available online: November 5, 2022
Polymorphisms of the melatonin receptor 1A (MTNR1A) gene do not affect sexual activity, plasma testosterone concentrations or testicular characteristics of 8-month-old ram-lambs born in autumn
José-Alfonso Abecia, Adriana Casao, Francisco Canto, Maria Consuelo Mura, Sebastiano Luridiana, Melissa Carvajal-Serna, Rosaura Pérez-Pe, Vincenzo Carcangiu
Available online: November 2, 2022
Most cited articles
1. Physiological adaptability of livestock to heat stress: an updated review 94 citations (Rashamol et al. 2018)
2. Infrared thermal image for assessing animal health and welfare 87 citations (Nääs et al. 2014)
3. Effects of human-animal relationship on animal productivity and welfare 72 citations (Mota-Rojas et al. 2020)
4. Use of infrared thermography in veterinary medicine and animal production 40 citations (Roberto and Souza 2014)
5. Thermal biology in river buffalo in the humid tropics: neurophysiological and behavioral responses assessed by infrared thermography 32 citations (Mota-Rojas et al. 2021)
. ... among others