Journal of Animal Behaviour and Biometeorology (ISSN 2318-1265) is an international peer-reviewed open-access journal devoted to publishing papers about Animal Biometeorology, Animal Behaviour, and Animal Welfare, published quarterly online by Malque Publishing.
International Indexing: Web of Science (ESCI), Scopus and SCImago Journal Rank, CAB International, Google Scholar, AGRIS, ASFA, Latindex, among others. The first Impact Factor (Clarivate Analytics) is coming in 2023.
Agile and Efficient Peer-Review: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision is provided to authors approximately 20-25 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 5-7 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the first half of 2022).
Open Access free for readers, with Article Processing Charge (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
Acceptance rate (first half of 2022): 41%
Anatomical, physiological, and behavioral mechanisms of thermoregulation in elephants
Adriana Domínguez-Oliva, Marcelo Daniel Ghezzi, Patricia Mora-Medina, Ismael Hernández-Ávalos, Joseline Jacome, Andrea Castellón, Isabel Falcón, Fátima Reséndiz, Nicole Romero, Raúl Ponce, Daniel Mota-Rojas
Available online: September 22, 2022
Environmental conditions and bee foraging on watermelon crops in Panama
Juan Carlos Di Trani, Virginia Meléndez Ramírez, Yostin Añino, Anovel Barba
Available online: September 16, 2022
Critical aspects of legislation and their impact on the welfare of water buffaloes during transport
Daniela Rodríguez-González, Fabio Napolitano, Isabel Guerrero Legarreta, Patricia Mora-Medina, Marcelo Ghezzi, Nancy José-Pérez, Adriana Domínguez-Oliva, Daniel Mota-Rojas
Available online: September 12, 2022
Most cited articles
1. Physiological adaptability of livestock to heat stress: an updated review 86 citations (Rashamol et al. 2018)
2. Infrared thermal image for assessing animal health and welfare 83 citations (Nääs et al. 2014)
3. Effects of human-animal relationship on animal productivity and welfare 69 citations (Mota-Rojas et al. 2020)
4. Use of infrared thermography in veterinary medicine and animal production 39 citations (Roberto and Souza 2014)
5. Hypothermia in newly born piglets: Mechanisms of thermoregulation and pathophysiology of death 28 citations (Villanueva-García et al. 2021)
. ... among others